My Prom 2015

So I thought I would share some of my prom pictures with you today as I love seeing how glamorous other girls look at their prom or getting inspiration for my own dress for when my time came. I bought my dress back in February 2015 because I just absolutely fell in love with it. I went to Something Special in Ely which is a shop that sells all different types of prom dresses catering for girls with all kinds of tastes and in all kinds of shapes. Originally we just went there to look and try on some different styles ready to buy my dress closer to the date of my prom but once I had tried this dress on I knew it was 'the one' and didn't dare put it back in case I never found anything better. 


If you have read any of my Motivational Monday posts such as this one then you will know I like to be a little bit different from other people. One of my best friends recently summed my style up as being 'classy' and I guess with out realising it, I do tend to stick to more elegant things. I wear heels and nice dresses and I've never been seen in joggers (not that there's anything wrong with that of course!) but that was the direction I wanted to head to for my prom dress. Different but Classy. 

My dream dress was a backless, fishtail dress but with sleeves so I wouldn't have to keep pulling it up and that was exactly what I found. I'm not just saying because I got one that I love, you can ask all of my friends and family, that was what I had dreamt of for years but aways thought I would have to sacrifice at least one thing as no dress would be built like that; But no, I found it and I love it. 


I'm wearing ballet pumps under my dress in these photos because I didn't want to A) Be taller than my family in photos and B) I didn't want to sink into the grass but I did put them on in the car. The heels I wore were these from Carvela at Kurt Geiger and despite me already being 5'10" I did choose to wear five inch heels and was totally OK with that! Some people don't understand why tall people wear heels but that's fine because I don't understand why some people choose to wear crocs. 


I kept my makeup quite dark on the eyes but also quite simple. I went for a couple of dark shades on the outer edge and crease from the Naked basics 2 palette and put the shade 'Caught in the act Courtney' which is a dark brown with some shimmer in it on the outer edge of my eye and the shade 'Devilish Danielle' in the inner and middle part of my eye to lighten the look up; Both shades are from The Balm Shady lady Volume 2 Palette. I lined my Eye with a gel liner, added some mascara and off I went. On my lips is MAC lipliner in 'Soar' and lipstick in 'Craving' which I wear all the time. 


Just thought I would add two obligatory friend photos at the venue. Top one is with Chloe and the bottom one is with Alice who I have spoken about on here loads! Chloe wore Converse under her dress despite it being ultra glamorous!

I absolutely loved prom and my dress and really want to wear it again. It has been exactly a week today since prom and I can still remember each and every little detail of the night.

♥ 


No comments:

Post a Comment